Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Daughter

I received a gift on that faithful day
Of which i know i could never repay
Just as God came down to say
He just gave one of his angels away
Little did i know the test this would be
to prove to him and make him see that this angel was my destiny
Of that I'm sure was a guarantee
To hold her forever and never to stray
to be there to comfort her pain away
To see her through even the roughest of days
And teach her to be stronger along the way
 I was told one day, from a friend of my'n that God just gave me the gift of time
Confused, i asked him to define?
And what he said never left my mind....
He said to watch as she sleeps
It was then it becomes so plain to see
How time stands still when she stands next to me
Whether in my arms, or in my dreams
Now watching each day as you grow
The changing of features from head to toe
The smiles and giggles that make u grow
And the way you let your spirits show
So I'll make a promise to you now
To raise you the best that i know how
To teach you to always be confident and proud
So that  you always stand out above the crowd ~~Martha L. Sheridan~~


                    
I never knew i could love so much until the day i felt your touch.
I softly kissed your tiny cheek, and from under your lashes i saw you peek.
Your beautiful eyes so small and blue, my sweet little baby just brand new
I cannot wait to watch you grow, from your little head to your tiny toes
My daughter my love, my little joy, my baby doll toy
I promise to love you with all my heart
I'm here for you from the very start
I'll comfort you when you cry
I'll answer true when you ask me, why?
While you grow be sweet and kind, and show all others how much you shine.  ~Madi N. Mikala~
                                                                      
                    I love you Bubbles always and Forever (:
                                                                                                                           
                                                                              

                                                                                                                               

2 comments:

  1. Awww...:) What a lovely set of photos to go with these beautiful, touching poems!! Very touching my sweet daughter! You are being such a good mommy, we are so proud of you! We are also proud of James as her Daddy, and love seeing his devotion to you and Sophie!
    Those pics are so adorable, all of them! I am really loving the ones of you with her, and that one of her resting her cheek on her hand is priceless!!! (((((((((((HUGS)))))))) to all of you today. I miss you!
    Love, Mom & Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Beth :) Sophie is exceptionally beautiful but she has good genes so it makes sense ;)love ya!

    ReplyDelete